Of course I HAD to try this hyped chia seed pudding/porridge thing out there everywhere on all health, exercise blogs. Especially since I’m trying to introduce high protein without meat/dairy products. More about that later!
This first one I did following this recipe, in English it would be:
- 2 tbsp organic chia seeds (I didn’t have organic this time though – next time!)
- 1 tbsp organic coconut flakes
- ~12g saffron
- 1 tsp organic vanilla essence (again didn’t have organic this time…)
- 200 ml unsweetened almond milk (gaah! didn’t realise they would sweeten it, found unsweetened one now so will buy it from now on)
- 2 finely chopped dates for sweetening (I didn’t have dates so just used some maple syrup)
Anyway, you mix it all and refrigerate overnight and serve with berries and maybe some almond milk.
So my verdict? It’s not bad. Not awesome either though. But that could have been because I expected it to taste like passion fruit, cause this saffron version looks like passion fruit.
I’m trying cardamom and cinnamon and maple syrup for tomorrows porridge.